Battlefield 4 developer EA DICE is offering early access to Platoons, an upcoming social feature that allows players to track stats together in groups, according to a Battlelog forum post by producer Jesper Nielsen.
A feature in Battlefield 3, Platoons will go live on Battlelog for Battlefield 4 "very soon." DICE is offering a selection of players early access to the feature "to test certain parts of the system" and collect feedback ahead of its full roll out. Those interested in participating are invited to respond to the post with their Battlelog/Origin username. Users who list members of their own existing Platoon have a greater chance of being accepted. Full details are on the Battlelog forums.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, vice president and general manager of DICE, confirmed the introduction of Platoons when he outlined Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month earlier this year. To make up for the game's shaky existence, the studio offered players perks throughout February, such as daily giveaways for logging in to Battlefield 4, unlockable in-game items for participating in community missions and a double XP weekend.
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Hearthstone dev invents stories that tell themselves
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death
- Here's the opening to that Bayonetta anime they've been talking about forever
- Learn how to copy, and know when to steal
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?