Battlefield 4 developer EA DICE is offering early access to Platoons, an upcoming social feature that allows players to track stats together in groups, according to a Battlelog forum post by producer Jesper Nielsen.
A feature in Battlefield 3, Platoons will go live on Battlelog for Battlefield 4 "very soon." DICE is offering a selection of players early access to the feature "to test certain parts of the system" and collect feedback ahead of its full roll out. Those interested in participating are invited to respond to the post with their Battlelog/Origin username. Users who list members of their own existing Platoon have a greater chance of being accepted. Full details are on the Battlelog forums.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, vice president and general manager of DICE, confirmed the introduction of Platoons when he outlined Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month earlier this year. To make up for the game's shaky existence, the studio offered players perks throughout February, such as daily giveaways for logging in to Battlefield 4, unlockable in-game items for participating in community missions and a double XP weekend.
- Want to pitch your indie game? Learn from the guy who's directing Star Wars VIII
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Solving Silent Hills' playable trailer
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- FIFA to crack down on Ultimate Team cheating and coin-farming
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9