Battlefield 4 developer EA DICE is offering early access to Platoons, an upcoming social feature that allows players to track stats together in groups, according to a Battlelog forum post by producer Jesper Nielsen.
A feature in Battlefield 3, Platoons will go live on Battlelog for Battlefield 4 "very soon." DICE is offering a selection of players early access to the feature "to test certain parts of the system" and collect feedback ahead of its full roll out. Those interested in participating are invited to respond to the post with their Battlelog/Origin username. Users who list members of their own existing Platoon have a greater chance of being accepted. Full details are on the Battlelog forums.
Karl Magnus Troedsson, vice president and general manager of DICE, confirmed the introduction of Platoons when he outlined Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month earlier this year. To make up for the game's shaky existence, the studio offered players perks throughout February, such as daily giveaways for logging in to Battlefield 4, unlockable in-game items for participating in community missions and a double XP weekend.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Love Marriage Vashikaran Mantra +918437760034
- Powerful get Online intercast love marriage specialist baba ji +91 8437760034
- voodoo tantra mantra specialist baba ji +91-8437760034
- Love Problem Solution Baba vashikaran +91-8437760034
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?