Killzone franchise developer Guerrilla Games has been working on their new, unannounced IP for two and a half years, according to a video recently shared by PlayStation Japan.
The video, released just two days after the launch of the PlayStation 4 in Japan, gives viewers a glimpse of Guerrilla's Amsterdam studio and focuses largely on comments made by managing director Hermen Hulst and other members of the core development team. Towards the end of the video, executive producer Angie Smets reveals information on the in-development IP.
"We are working on a new IP, and we started on that already two and a half years ago, but unfortunately we cannot share details yet of the new IP, so you'll have to be a bit more patient on that," Smets said.
Rumblings of the new Guerrilla Games IP began in late 2011, when the studio dropped hints that it was working on the next Killzone title for PS4. As development on Killzone: Shadow Fall wrapped up last September, Guerrilla again mentioned the yet-unnamed IP, with lead designer Eric Boltjes stating the IP is "something completely different to Killzone."
Guerrilla Games' most recent title is Killzone: Shadow Fall, which launched alongside the PS4 in North America on Nov. 15. Check out Polygon's review for more details, as well as our interview with Hulst discussing how Guerrilla helped Sony shape the DualShock 4 controller.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us
- Polygon Video Player - What's the deal?
- Metro Redux: Will It Be A Must Purchase?