The first DayZ-related panel will begin at 9 a.m. ET on Friday, March 28, and will feature "something very special" from DayZ creator Dean Hall, he said. Hall will also close the Saturday sessions at 1 p.m. ET on March 29 with an interview about the game as well as his future plans. He announced yesterday that he will be leaving Bohemia Interactive and the DayZ project at the end of 2014, but will still be involved with the game in some capacity.
Following the initial DayZ session, Thomas Was Alone developer Mike Bithell will discuss his next game, Volume, starting at 10 a.m. ET on March 28. PhD student Michael Cook will present his video game-creating artificial intelligence project, ANGELINA, in a talk scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on March 28.
Hall will appear on another panel on Saturday, a 9 a.m. ET session about horror and fear in games that will also feature Alien: Isolation creative lead Al Hope of The Creative Assembly. At 10 a.m. ET, Red Thread Games founder Ragnar Tornquist will present a new gameplay demo from his studio's Kickstarter-backed game, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey. And at 11 a.m. ET, a panel from The Creative Assembly will present the latest details on Alien: Isolation. The studio will also lead a game jam on Sunday, March 30, starting at 11 a.m. ET.
EGX Rezzed will take place at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, U.K., from March 28-30. All of the sessions will be livestreamed on Eurogamer, the host site of the Gamer Network's U.K. expos.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Dota 2 needs a white flag
- How to unlock Thanatophobia, the almost impossible trophy, in Rogue Legacy
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Why Shadow of Mordor's undead Elven hero and sexy Sauron are such a big deal
- Here's a first look at Agent 47 in the upcoming movie 'Hitman: Agent 47'
- The cheesy '60s Batman and Robin are in Lego Batman 3 (and so is Bat-Cow)
- The Sailor's Dream is the new game from the dev of indie hits Year Walk and Device 6
- 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' teaser thick with Smaug
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death