The first DayZ-related panel will begin at 9 a.m. ET on Friday, March 28, and will feature "something very special" from DayZ creator Dean Hall, he said. Hall will also close the Saturday sessions at 1 p.m. ET on March 29 with an interview about the game as well as his future plans. He announced yesterday that he will be leaving Bohemia Interactive and the DayZ project at the end of 2014, but will still be involved with the game in some capacity.
Following the initial DayZ session, Thomas Was Alone developer Mike Bithell will discuss his next game, Volume, starting at 10 a.m. ET on March 28. PhD student Michael Cook will present his video game-creating artificial intelligence project, ANGELINA, in a talk scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on March 28.
Hall will appear on another panel on Saturday, a 9 a.m. ET session about horror and fear in games that will also feature Alien: Isolation creative lead Al Hope of The Creative Assembly. At 10 a.m. ET, Red Thread Games founder Ragnar Tornquist will present a new gameplay demo from his studio's Kickstarter-backed game, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey. And at 11 a.m. ET, a panel from The Creative Assembly will present the latest details on Alien: Isolation. The studio will also lead a game jam on Sunday, March 30, starting at 11 a.m. ET.
EGX Rezzed will take place at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, U.K., from March 28-30. All of the sessions will be livestreamed on Eurogamer, the host site of the Gamer Network's U.K. expos.
- Persona 5 coming to PS3 and PS4 in 2015
- Madden 15's outspoken cover star loses with grace in his very first game
- Payday 2's upcoming add-on pack is an homage to Battlefield
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 coming 'early 2015'
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community
- Is Telltale teasing the setting for its new Game of Thrones series?
- Dragon Quest 7 3DS remake may not be worth the cost for Square to translate
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is a mature, 'true remaster' of the original game