The first DayZ-related panel will begin at 9 a.m. ET on Friday, March 28, and will feature "something very special" from DayZ creator Dean Hall, he said. Hall will also close the Saturday sessions at 1 p.m. ET on March 29 with an interview about the game as well as his future plans. He announced yesterday that he will be leaving Bohemia Interactive and the DayZ project at the end of 2014, but will still be involved with the game in some capacity.
Following the initial DayZ session, Thomas Was Alone developer Mike Bithell will discuss his next game, Volume, starting at 10 a.m. ET on March 28. PhD student Michael Cook will present his video game-creating artificial intelligence project, ANGELINA, in a talk scheduled for 1 p.m. ET on March 28.
Hall will appear on another panel on Saturday, a 9 a.m. ET session about horror and fear in games that will also feature Alien: Isolation creative lead Al Hope of The Creative Assembly. At 10 a.m. ET, Red Thread Games founder Ragnar Tornquist will present a new gameplay demo from his studio's Kickstarter-backed game, Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey. And at 11 a.m. ET, a panel from The Creative Assembly will present the latest details on Alien: Isolation. The studio will also lead a game jam on Sunday, March 30, starting at 11 a.m. ET.
EGX Rezzed will take place at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, U.K., from March 28-30. All of the sessions will be livestreamed on Eurogamer, the host site of the Gamer Network's U.K. expos.
- Madden 15 review: victory formation
- Sarkeesian driven out of home by online abuse and death threats
- Inside a video game voiceover studio
- Quake Live is changing, in part to find a wider audience on Steam
- SWAT threat locks down school, gets Counter-Strike player slammed to the ground
- A lightning tour of Infamous: First Light's scaled-down scope
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Old Iron King - A spoiler-free guide
- What's exclusive to the PlayStation versions of Destiny?
- Amazon and Twitch are the competitors YouTube needs
- Help us choose the best reader-designed Sunset Overdrive character