Diablo 3 developer Blizzard Entertainment planned to begin rolling out patch 2.0.1 today, but due to a "hardware issue," the patch's release has been delayed temporarily, according to a forum post from the studio.
"Earlier today, we discovered a hardware issue while conducting internal testing on patch 2.0.1. We're currently working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, but the issue itself is going to require significant time to address and additional downtime will be needed," said Blizzard community manager Brandy "Nevalistis" Camel. As of 5:20 p.m. ET, Blizzard was expecting that the Diablo 3 servers to remain inaccessible until 11 p.m. ET at the earliest.
"We're really looking forward to players getting a chance to explore and enjoy patch 2.0.1, and are working diligently to bring the game online as soon as possible," Camel added. "We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding."
In the meantime, Blizzard published the patch notes for the 2.0.1 update on Battle.net. The major update includes new features such as clans and communities, and sets the stage for the March 25 release of the game's first expansion, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls.
Update: Patch 2.0.1 is now live, according to a forum post by Camel.
- The fixer: Why Rod Fergusson returned to Gears of War
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell (update)
- Polygon Plays: Deus Ex - Episode one
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is the chili cheese fry of Marvel's movie collection
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites