Game statistics given to Persson reveal 14.3 percent of all registered users convert to paid accounts, the designer confirmed. Users are required to register for a free account from the Mojang website prior to purchasing Minecraft or playing the game's free demo.
The studio revealed earlier this month that Minecraft has sold over 14 million copies since its launch on Windows PC and Mac. The game's console release on Xbox 360 has sold over 10 million copies and over one million copies on PlayStation 3. The Pocket Edition of the game has reached over 10 million in sales.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Microsoft hosting ID@Xbox open house before PAX kicks off
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- That bucket came from the moon: Yep, Destiny took the ice bucket challenge