Game statistics given to Persson reveal 14.3 percent of all registered users convert to paid accounts, the designer confirmed. Users are required to register for a free account from the Mojang website prior to purchasing Minecraft or playing the game's free demo.
The studio revealed earlier this month that Minecraft has sold over 14 million copies since its launch on Windows PC and Mac. The game's console release on Xbox 360 has sold over 10 million copies and over one million copies on PlayStation 3. The Pocket Edition of the game has reached over 10 million in sales.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer