The latest entry in Square Enix's Secret of Mana (Seiken Densetsu) series is Rise of Mana, a free-to-play action role-playing game slated to hit iOS in Japan later this week.
According to the game's official page, an Android version will follow later this summer. The site also notes the title will receive iOS controller support on iPhone and iPod Touch in the future. Rise of Mana will be free-to-play with microtransactions to help players progress. The game will feature a multiplayer mode in which eight players can band together to take down massive bosses.
The Rise of Mana soundtrack, which can be previewed as background music on the title's webpage, will go on sale April 23. The soundtrack was written by veteran Mana series composers Kenji Ito, Hiroki Kikuta, Tsuyoshi Sekito and Yoko Shimomura.
Earlier this week in a Reddit AMA, composer Kikuta said he couldn't comment on any future Secret of Mana projects. The last Secret of Mana title, Circle of Mana, launched as a card-based RPG for iOS and Android in Japan last year. Polygon has reached out to Square Enix to ask about the possibility Rise of Mana will launch in the West. For now, check out the trailer above to see the mobile title in action.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Getting a PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Prepare for Titanfall (Xbox One)
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (March 2014)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- Game development