Diablo 3's recently released patch, version 2.0.1, includes special "cursed events" that will yield players exceptional rewards, community team member Nevalistis announced on Battle.net.
Addressing several of the game's newly introduced features, Nevalistis wrote that triggering a cursed event will result in either waves of attackers or the appearance of one very strong enemy.
"Across the land, there have been sightings of great treasure troves and boons succumbing to demonic taint," Nevalistis wrote. "Inspecting such cursed items may present the most curious of adventurers with too overwhelming a challenge to survive. Still, those that somehow prove successful, and in the ever unlikely event surpass expectations, may find themselves exceptionally rewarded."
The post also touches briefly on new difficulty settings, crafting changes and class updates, which grant players "more powerful, refined combat techniques in greater variety."
"Previous comfortable tactics may no longer be at your beck and call, but I encourage you to explore each new ability and bring new, surprising builds to the battlefields in Westmarch," Nevalistis wrote.
Patch 2.0.1 began rolling out yesterday, but was temporarily delayed due to a "hardware issue" found during internal testing. The patch went live shortly after. In addition to new events, the patch introduces an updated Paragon leveling system that removes the level cap and allows players to share Paragon levels between heroes. Other major updates include clans and communities, as well as preparation for the launch of the game's first expansion, Reaper of Souls.
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls is slated for launch March 25. Blizzard recently announced pre-order bonuses, which include a Diablo 3 aesthetic artifact and a future unlock in the developer's upcoming multiplayer online battle arena game, Heroes of the Storm.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story