"We're working on a mobile game now," Hawk said, following the recent reveal of an Activision-published skateboarding game currently in development. "We're working on a game for mobile devices this year.
"We've never gone exclusively in that direction yet so I'm excited because, with the amount of time people are spending on their phones and their tablets playing games, we've never had our own game in that space so I'm excited to provide one finally."
This will be the first installment in the series, which has seen releases on consoles since its debut in 1999, to launch exclusively on mobile. Activision has handled the publishing of all prior titles in the series since its first release, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.
Earlier this month, the publisher confirmed the development of a new Tony Hawk title to Polygon, stating only "more info is coming soon."
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???