"We're working on a mobile game now," Hawk said, following the recent reveal of an Activision-published skateboarding game currently in development. "We're working on a game for mobile devices this year.
"We've never gone exclusively in that direction yet so I'm excited because, with the amount of time people are spending on their phones and their tablets playing games, we've never had our own game in that space so I'm excited to provide one finally."
This will be the first installment in the series, which has seen releases on consoles since its debut in 1999, to launch exclusively on mobile. Activision has handled the publishing of all prior titles in the series since its first release, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.
Earlier this month, the publisher confirmed the development of a new Tony Hawk title to Polygon, stating only "more info is coming soon."
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- Kickstarter suspends Ex-STALKER devs' Areal campaign, West Games turns to direct funding
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Love Marriage Vashikaran Mantra +918437760034
- Powerful get Online intercast love marriage specialist baba ji +91 8437760034
- voodoo tantra mantra specialist baba ji +91-8437760034
- Love Problem Solution Baba vashikaran +91-8437760034
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?