"We're working on a mobile game now," Hawk said, following the recent reveal of an Activision-published skateboarding game currently in development. "We're working on a game for mobile devices this year.
"We've never gone exclusively in that direction yet so I'm excited because, with the amount of time people are spending on their phones and their tablets playing games, we've never had our own game in that space so I'm excited to provide one finally."
This will be the first installment in the series, which has seen releases on consoles since its debut in 1999, to launch exclusively on mobile. Activision has handled the publishing of all prior titles in the series since its first release, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.
Earlier this month, the publisher confirmed the development of a new Tony Hawk title to Polygon, stating only "more info is coming soon."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- Russian and German armor clash in Combat Mission: Red Thunder
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- 'The Players' Score: A Videogame Music Documentary' is headed to Kickstarter with composers you'll recognize
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)