The upcoming patch will add the co-op mode Onslaught to the game. Onslaught is a "horde" mode in which four players team up against never-ending waves of infected enemies. Also included in the patch are the maps Decay and Metro. Decay takes place in a maze-like slum, while Metro is set in a dilapidated subway station. The Onslaught mode and the Metro map arrived in the original Windows PC version of Blacklight: Retribution a year ago.
In addition, the patch marks the debut of private servers in the PS4 version of Blacklight: Retribution. Zombie also included a number of improvements to the game in the patch, such as performance optimizations and better matchmaking.
According to a comment from Zombie, the patch is already available for download. For more on the shooter, check out our interview with studio head Jared Gerritzen from the PS4 launch week in mid-November.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell