The PlayStation 4 version of Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag received a 2.3GB single player update today, fixing connection issues for those with over 100 friends, introducing tutorial streaming support and more.
According to screenshot of the patch notes, via Twitter user Wario64, the update fixes a known bug for PS4 users with more than 100 friends on the PlayStation Network. Since the game's release last year, users reported issues with Ubisoft's servers that caused complications accessing certain Assassin's Creed 4 content. The patch also addresses rare crashes and freezes, fixes an issue where loyalty reward skins were not rewarded and changes fight balance to increase double attack.
The single player patch comes ahead of multiplayer Title Update 4 that is scheduled to go live across PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on Feb. 11. The multiplayer title update will address issues with the game's user interface, graphics, gameplay, wolfpack and audio components.
As the Windows PC version of the game receives smaller updates more often, the compact Title Update 6 went live on the platform today. The patch addressed issues with double sound on the Uplay login screen, animation glitches along with various crash and black screen issues. The recent Title Update 5 introduced various localization, graphic and UI fixes. Additionally, the update aimed to fix issues with the Illustrious Pirates and Blackbeard's Wrath content, as well as Season Pass activation issues.
Update: According to an official Ubisoft forum post, Title Update 4 included data for free multiplayer maps that will unlock with the launch of the game's multiplayer DLC, which is included in the season pass. A Ubisoft representative was unable to provide Polygon with further information about the multiplayer DLC's content or release date.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The best new video game toys from Comic-Con
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- RIP Friends List?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming