Contradiction Films writer and producer Tim Carter today revealed on EP Live that his production company is currently working on a live-action adaptation of Mighty No. 9.
Carter, who has served as a writer on Sleeping Dogs and producer for the first season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy told EP Live that the production team is in the early stages of creating a digital series to the spiritual successor of Mega Man.
"We are building the story right now," he said "Inafune-san created [Mega Man], and he has now created Mighty No. 9. We don't have the rights to Mega Man, obviously, but we are working with him on a live-action adaptation of it."
Carter added that he initially had concerns about how the game might translate culturally in a live-action production for a North American audience, but developer Keiji Inafune put his fears to rest. "I was a little apprehensive about it at first until I got his notes, and thought 'Dude, you should be working at Pixar!'"
No further details were revealed about what form the digital production will take.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- Players want more options than murder, and GTA 5 proves it
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story