Contradiction Films writer and producer Tim Carter today revealed on EP Live that his production company is currently working on a live-action adaptation of Mighty No. 9.
Carter, who has served as a writer on Sleeping Dogs and producer for the first season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy told EP Live that the production team is in the early stages of creating a digital series to the spiritual successor of Mega Man.
"We are building the story right now," he said "Inafune-san created [Mega Man], and he has now created Mighty No. 9. We don't have the rights to Mega Man, obviously, but we are working with him on a live-action adaptation of it."
Carter added that he initially had concerns about how the game might translate culturally in a live-action production for a North American audience, but developer Keiji Inafune put his fears to rest. "I was a little apprehensive about it at first until I got his notes, and thought 'Dude, you should be working at Pixar!'"
No further details were revealed about what form the digital production will take.
- Game of Thrones' Maisie Williams in talks for The Last of Us movie
- Proof '90s kids playing video games are cooler than kids today
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Eve's new executive producer has a plan to attract new players with the help of old ones
- Street Fighter: World Warrior live action series in development
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Tell Us Your Story
- A New Steam Controller
- DESTINY disappointment?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today