Contradiction Films writer and producer Tim Carter today revealed on EP Live that his production company is currently working on a live-action adaptation of Mighty No. 9.
Carter, who has served as a writer on Sleeping Dogs and producer for the first season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy told EP Live that the production team is in the early stages of creating a digital series to the spiritual successor of Mega Man.
"We are building the story right now," he said "Inafune-san created [Mega Man], and he has now created Mighty No. 9. We don't have the rights to Mega Man, obviously, but we are working with him on a live-action adaptation of it."
Carter added that he initially had concerns about how the game might translate culturally in a live-action production for a North American audience, but developer Keiji Inafune put his fears to rest. "I was a little apprehensive about it at first until I got his notes, and thought 'Dude, you should be working at Pixar!'"
No further details were revealed about what form the digital production will take.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?