Multiplayer mech combat game Hawken is coming to Steam, developer Adhesive Games announced on the game's blog.
Hawken is being moved from its existing launcher onto Valve's service, with Adhesive planning to move all players onto Steam in time for Hawken's February update. Invitations to download the game through Steam began going out yesterday, with more to be sent out in waves throughout the week. New account creation has also been suspended until the game's next update in February.
Once the transition is complete, Hawken will only be accessible through Steam and players will need a Steam account in order to play. Players will need to redownload and reinstall the game within Steam, which will allow them to take advantage of a number of new features, including Steam Wallet integration.
"The reason we're approaching our release in this manner is so we can slowly ramp up to a full Steam launch," reads the post. "By the time our full February release is good to go, we want all of our existing users to have already made the transition over to Steam. This should help reduce the stress on our services immensely."
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- PS4 Beta Codes