Multiplayer mech combat game Hawken is coming to Steam, developer Adhesive Games announced on the game's blog.
Hawken is being moved from its existing launcher onto Valve's service, with Adhesive planning to move all players onto Steam in time for Hawken's February update. Invitations to download the game through Steam began going out yesterday, with more to be sent out in waves throughout the week. New account creation has also been suspended until the game's next update in February.
Once the transition is complete, Hawken will only be accessible through Steam and players will need a Steam account in order to play. Players will need to redownload and reinstall the game within Steam, which will allow them to take advantage of a number of new features, including Steam Wallet integration.
"The reason we're approaching our release in this manner is so we can slowly ramp up to a full Steam launch," reads the post. "By the time our full February release is good to go, we want all of our existing users to have already made the transition over to Steam. This should help reduce the stress on our services immensely."
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Do Polynauts dream of analog sheep? (Fri 7 Mar)
- PD Users: Defined at Last! (Humour)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Dracul: Now not a Dick
- When Gameplay coincides with the story
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Welcome to the Polygon Community!
- Which FPS are you most looking forward to in 2014?
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: 100% Complete (Thu 6 Mar)