Multiplayer mech combat game Hawken is coming to Steam, developer Adhesive Games announced on the game's blog.
Hawken is being moved from its existing launcher onto Valve's service, with Adhesive planning to move all players onto Steam in time for Hawken's February update. Invitations to download the game through Steam began going out yesterday, with more to be sent out in waves throughout the week. New account creation has also been suspended until the game's next update in February.
Once the transition is complete, Hawken will only be accessible through Steam and players will need a Steam account in order to play. Players will need to redownload and reinstall the game within Steam, which will allow them to take advantage of a number of new features, including Steam Wallet integration.
"The reason we're approaching our release in this manner is so we can slowly ramp up to a full Steam launch," reads the post. "By the time our full February release is good to go, we want all of our existing users to have already made the transition over to Steam. This should help reduce the stress on our services immensely."
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)