Multiplayer mech combat game Hawken is coming to Steam, developer Adhesive Games announced on the game's blog.
Hawken is being moved from its existing launcher onto Valve's service, with Adhesive planning to move all players onto Steam in time for Hawken's February update. Invitations to download the game through Steam began going out yesterday, with more to be sent out in waves throughout the week. New account creation has also been suspended until the game's next update in February.
Once the transition is complete, Hawken will only be accessible through Steam and players will need a Steam account in order to play. Players will need to redownload and reinstall the game within Steam, which will allow them to take advantage of a number of new features, including Steam Wallet integration.
"The reason we're approaching our release in this manner is so we can slowly ramp up to a full Steam launch," reads the post. "By the time our full February release is good to go, we want all of our existing users to have already made the transition over to Steam. This should help reduce the stress on our services immensely."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- How to lose a game of Stronghold Crusader 2
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- What's your favorite silly game?