The Pokemon Bank app for Pokemon X/Y is now available in North America's Nintendo 3DS eShop, following delays and launches in other regions.
Pokemon Bank allows users to deposit, store and manage up to 3,000 Pokemon, including those from previous games. When used in combination with the Poke Transporter, players can move Pokemon from previous generations into Pokemon X/Y. Pokemon Bank was delayed from its Dec. 27 launch date after experiencing "service disruptions" on the Wii U and 3DS eShops. The application was pulled in Japan for similar problems.
Pokemon Bank was released in Australia, Europe and New Zealand yesterday. Although the app is a free download, it does require a subscription. Once the 30-day trial ends, users must pay $4.99 as an annual fee.
Nintendo released a detailed FAQ on how the Pokemon Bank app and the Transporter work in November of last year.
- An awful week to care about video games
- How Salt and Sanctuary reimagines Dark Souls as a 2D action-platformer
- Valve taken to court by Australian consumer commission over Steam refund policy
- The pitch versus the reality: what one of gaming's biggest Kickstarters looks like now
- Dust: An Elysian Tail coming to PS4 'very soon'
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Games with great Sound Design
- Where to buy?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- On Being A "Gamer"