Former CD Projekt Red developers Marek Ziemak and Maciej Szczesnik are no longer part of The Witcher team, after joining the Warsaw-based 11 Bit Studios, Szczesnik announced today.
Szczesnik will lead the development of a new game at the studio, following his role as gameplay designer on The Witcher franchise. Ziemak, who worked as gameplay producer at CD Projekt Red, has yet to announce his new role.
"I'll be responsible for the entire design of a game that took shape in my imagination," said Szczesnik in a prepared statement. "It's a really exciting feeling to create a new world from scratch, make its characters and rules and to know that I have this blank page to fill with my ideas and then bring them to life."
The indie collective at 11 Bit Studios are best known for their work on mobile games Anomaly 2 and Sleepwalker's Journey but will focus on the development of multiplatform releases as well.
"I've been watching the indie-game scene for quite some time and I love its creativity and freshness," said Ziemak.
The studio is expected to make an announcement in March. We've contacted CD Projekt Red for details on how this change in staff will affect the development of The Witcher franchise.
The Witcher 3 is slated to arrive this year on Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design