Broadcasting platform Twitch is the fourth highest network commanding peak U.S. internet traffic, according to an infographic posted by The Wall Street Journal.
The infographic, shown above, accompanies an article about the internet infrastructure of Apple and details the top 10 web properties controlling the country's internet traffic. According to the graphic, Twitch ranks fourth at holding 1.8 percent of traffic, sitting above video service Hulu, Facebook, Valve and its Steam gaming platform, Amazon, Pandora's music streaming service and Tumblr.
"We are working overtime to scale our infrastructure to keep pace with the growth of the community," reads a post about the infographic on the Twitch blog. "That's no small task. Thanks to all of you, and your voracious appetite for gaming video, we're really playing in the big leagues, here. And we mean to step up."
Recently, Twitch announced that its integration with the PlayStation 4 has been a "game changer," with PS4 owners making up 20 percent of the service's broadcasts. The company also revealed that 68 percent of its users have cut back on time spent watching TV, with 58 percent of the platform's users spending more than 20 hours per week on the streaming service.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This international eSports tournament aims to put gamers with disabilities on the map
More from Polygon
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta