Activision confirmed its plans to begin the beta of the highly anticipated release Destiny this summer, CVG reports.
Speaking at the publisher's earnings call yesterday, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg announced the company's summer beta window, adding that the developer plans to officially release Destiny on Sept. 9. The game was previously planned for a spring release on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Hirshberg continued, stating the upcoming release "could be Activision Publishing's third billion-dollar franchise, and we're working hard to make it the biggest new IP launch in video game history."
"Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe. We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9," added Hirshberg.
"We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Activision previously confirmed the beta will release to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 prior to any other system.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Where's Polygon? (Tue 15 Apr)
- Getting a PS4
- XBOne Classifieds
- What characters would you guys like to see on the new Super Smash Bros?
- Polygon Connect: The Great "Gamertag/PSN ID/Whatever" Roundup
- Gamertag Hook-Ups
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol.2, No.7: Warai, Warai!
- Post your Polygon Daily/Weekender headers here (April 2014)
- I have 1 dribbble invite