Activision confirmed its plans to begin the beta of the highly anticipated release Destiny this summer, CVG reports.
Speaking at the publisher's earnings call yesterday, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg announced the company's summer beta window, adding that the developer plans to officially release Destiny on Sept. 9. The game was previously planned for a spring release on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Hirshberg continued, stating the upcoming release "could be Activision Publishing's third billion-dollar franchise, and we're working hard to make it the biggest new IP launch in video game history."
"Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe. We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9," added Hirshberg.
"We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Activision previously confirmed the beta will release to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 prior to any other system.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepare to Die (Tues 11 Mar)
- More Pokémon Discussions: Redux
- WTB physical DS2 for PC in US
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Prepared for Titanfall? (Mon 10 Mar)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 5: The where I yet again break the rules
- Which wiki?
- Contest: Want to go to the Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls launch party on March 24?
- Getting a PS4
- Polygon v1.9 - Article Redesign
- Owen Good, joining Polygon as senior reporter, weekends