Activision confirmed its plans to begin the beta of the highly anticipated release Destiny this summer, CVG reports.
Speaking at the publisher's earnings call yesterday, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg announced the company's summer beta window, adding that the developer plans to officially release Destiny on Sept. 9. The game was previously planned for a spring release on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Hirshberg continued, stating the upcoming release "could be Activision Publishing's third billion-dollar franchise, and we're working hard to make it the biggest new IP launch in video game history."
"Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe. We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9," added Hirshberg.
"We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Activision previously confirmed the beta will release to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 prior to any other system.
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: Beast Mode (Thurs 24 April)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, No. 8: GOLDEN CRISIS
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: What? (Wed 23 April)
- Titanfall less addictive than previous/similar games?
- NVIDIA GeForce Titan For Gaming?!
- Darkest Polygon: Lets start a Polygon Dark Souls 2 covenant
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Game freezes at the starting screen, launch error
- Changing Posting Name
- Weekend at Polygon's: Party Time (19-20 April)