Activision confirmed its plans to begin the beta of the highly anticipated release Destiny this summer, CVG reports.
Speaking at the publisher's earnings call yesterday, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg announced the company's summer beta window, adding that the developer plans to officially release Destiny on Sept. 9. The game was previously planned for a spring release on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Hirshberg continued, stating the upcoming release "could be Activision Publishing's third billion-dollar franchise, and we're working hard to make it the biggest new IP launch in video game history."
"Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe. We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9," added Hirshberg.
"We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Activision previously confirmed the beta will release to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 prior to any other system.
- How a video game helped save my sanity
- Dungeons & Dragons castle defense game coming to mobile next year
- The New Nintendo 3DS is everything fun, exhausting, about Nintendo's strategy
- People watched Twitch Plays Pokémon for a billion minutes
- In Firewatch, the job isn't to keep the wilderness from burning down
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- What is your Current Game of the Year?