Activision confirmed its plans to begin the beta of the highly anticipated release Destiny this summer, CVG reports.
Speaking at the publisher's earnings call yesterday, Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg announced the company's summer beta window, adding that the developer plans to officially release Destiny on Sept. 9. The game was previously planned for a spring release on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
Hirshberg continued, stating the upcoming release "could be Activision Publishing's third billion-dollar franchise, and we're working hard to make it the biggest new IP launch in video game history."
"Together, we are bringing gamers an ambitious and innovative game which combines the intensity of great first-person action, with the character investment and social connections of an RPG in an immense connected universe. We believe the game is on track to deliver record pre-orders for a new franchise, a public beta is planned for summer and we expect to launch the game on September 9," added Hirshberg.
"We look forward to expanding this universe for years to come and you'll see much more in the months ahead."
Activision previously confirmed the beta will release to PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 prior to any other system.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Nintendo lost $97M last quarter even with the success of Mario Kart 8
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Tell Us Your Story