When rapper and actor Ice-T recently agreed to record an audio book, he had no idea what he would be reading— or, to be more specific, that he was recording dialogue for a Dungeons and Dragons book.
In episode three of his podcast (which features a lot of NSFW language), Final Level, Ice-T explains that no one told him it "was a motherfuckin' Dungeons and Dragons book."
"Those of y'all out there that don't know, Dungeons and Dragons is some of the most crazy, deep, deep, deep nerd shit ever invented," Ice-T said. "Every word you're saying is pretty much made up. Motherfuckers talk like Yoda. I'm not going to say I'm some literary expert that can read some heavy shit. This shit is impossible to read, son."
It took the rapper three and a half hours and a little coaching to read 25 pages. You can hear Ice-T talk about his experience recording the audio book around the 2:30 minute mark.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- Shadowrun Returns gets a Director's Cut of its expansion this September
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'