Costume Quest 2 and Gone Home are headed to consoles later this year, publisher Midnight City announced today.
Double Fine Productions' Costume Quest 2 is headed to consoles and PC this Halloween. Costume Quest, which was released first on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and later brought to Linux, Mac, Windows PC and iOS, grew out of Double Fine's annual Amnesia Fortnight game jam. It tells a story set on a Halloween night of twins who dress up and assume the powers of their costumes. Twins Reynold and Wren will also star in its sequel.
Double Fine announced last November that it now owns the publishing rights to Costume Quest and Stacking. Both were originally published by THQ. The developer also acquired distribution rights from Nordic Games, which purchased a substantial portion of THQ's assets last year. You can watch Double Fine's announcement video below.
Midnight City will bring The Fullbright Company's Gone Home, which was released on Linux, Mac and Windows PC last year, to unannounced consoles in fall 2014. The recipient of Polygon's game of the year award tells the story of a family from the point of view of a daughter exploring its empty house. Check out Polygon's Gone Home review to learn more and our feature that chronicles the rise of The Fullbright Company and its first game. Press play below to watch the Gone Home announcement trailer.
Majesco Entertainment announced Midnight City's formation last year as an indie-focused publishing arm with a slate of 10 titles to publish. For more on the publisher and its goals, be sure to read our interview with founder Casey Lynch.
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Why Pikachu may soon be as iconic as Mickey Mouse
- With Han Solo, Leia and Chewie, Star Wars Commander is bringing back the force
- Demos are dead, long live demos
- I caught every Pokémon and it only took most of my life
- Destiny launch trailer shows combat readiness
- Game pre-loading comes to Xbox One early with Madden 15
- Development hell: The video game
- Clementine will make a stand as The Walking Dead Season Two closes next week
- Want to save time and money? Stop buying games at launch
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?
- Share your treasured Pokémon stories with us