PlayStation 3 free-to-play social gaming platform PlayStation Home will get Trophy support tomorrow as part of the service's next update, according to a tweet from PlayStation Europe community manager Chris Owen.
PlayStation Home v1.86's Trophy support update will be available worldwide when it launches, Owen revealed in responses to fan questions on Twitter. He also added that Trophies can be accumulated retroactively — players who have already completed criteria for certain Trophies will immediately get them — and a full list of them will be available on Wednesday.
Owen stated there are currently no plans to bring PlayStation Home — which initially launched in 2008 — to PlayStation 4.
Last summer, Sony announced that PlayStation Home will no longer receive updates in Asia as of this April. However, Sony plans to push "full weekly publishes, new public spaces, virtual items and platform features" for the North America and European versions moving forward, with no announced end date.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- The studio that made Tony Hawk's Pro Skater closed, here's its billion-dollar story
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- How the Model T convinced Nvidia to build a gaming-focused tablet
- This international eSports tournament aims to put gamers with disabilities on the map
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 23
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Do you often read the reviews after finishing a game?
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Destiny Beta