The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will launch in February 2015, CD Projekt Red announced today via the game's official website.
According to the post, CD Projekt Red hopes to "expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole" with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. To do so, however, means pushing the game back from its intended release at the end of the year.
"We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game's final release date," the post reads. "The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us."
The Witcher 3 will conclude the story of Geralt of Rivia. It follows the longstanding hero as he searches for the dark, deadly force known as the Wild Hunt.
For more on The Witcher 3, check out our impressions from the game's first demo shown at E3 2013. The game is being developed for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Kingdom of Amalur - 10$ was the best deal ever
- I'm going to make an AMV...and I need your help.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Calling all first team Polygon staff to the Set!