The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will launch in February 2015, CD Projekt Red announced today via the game's official website.
According to the post, CD Projekt Red hopes to "expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole" with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. To do so, however, means pushing the game back from its intended release at the end of the year.
"We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game's final release date," the post reads. "The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us."
The Witcher 3 will conclude the story of Geralt of Rivia. It follows the longstanding hero as he searches for the dark, deadly force known as the Wild Hunt.
For more on The Witcher 3, check out our impressions from the game's first demo shown at E3 2013. The game is being developed for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The man who made Atari's E.T. names his worst video game of all time
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'
More from Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Really Horrible
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Women in Games: A Reaction
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today