The client can be downloaded via Arc Games' product page and selecting the "Play for Free" option. Initially rolling out to Windows PC in 2010, the Star Trek Online Mac beta began last November, coinciding with the first day of the game's season eight launch.
"We have wrapped up our Open Beta testing period, and we want to extend our warmest welcome to the STO Universe to all Mac users," the statement reads. "Our newest addition of players who utilize the Mac client will be playing on Holodeck, the same server that our PC players play on, allowing them to team up with their friends and fleetmates to boldly go where no one has gone before."
The minimum system requirements for Mac follows:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM: 4GB+
- Hard Disk: 10GB Free Disk Space
- Graphic Display: Intel HD3000 / Nvidia 9600M / AMD HD2600 with 256MB+ VRAM
- Network: broadband internet connection required
- How Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition tricked us into playing Diablo 3 again
- Robin Williams' Genie may be immortalized in World of Warcraft
- Development hell: The video game
- Sexual conquest and emotional connections in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Buy side-scroller Azure Striker Gunvolt on 3DS, get 8-bit throwback Mighty Gunvolt free