The client can be downloaded via Arc Games' product page and selecting the "Play for Free" option. Initially rolling out to Windows PC in 2010, the Star Trek Online Mac beta began last November, coinciding with the first day of the game's season eight launch.
"We have wrapped up our Open Beta testing period, and we want to extend our warmest welcome to the STO Universe to all Mac users," the statement reads. "Our newest addition of players who utilize the Mac client will be playing on Holodeck, the same server that our PC players play on, allowing them to team up with their friends and fleetmates to boldly go where no one has gone before."
The minimum system requirements for Mac follows:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM: 4GB+
- Hard Disk: 10GB Free Disk Space
- Graphic Display: Intel HD3000 / Nvidia 9600M / AMD HD2600 with 256MB+ VRAM
- Network: broadband internet connection required
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'