The client can be downloaded via Arc Games' product page and selecting the "Play for Free" option. Initially rolling out to Windows PC in 2010, the Star Trek Online Mac beta began last November, coinciding with the first day of the game's season eight launch.
"We have wrapped up our Open Beta testing period, and we want to extend our warmest welcome to the STO Universe to all Mac users," the statement reads. "Our newest addition of players who utilize the Mac client will be playing on Holodeck, the same server that our PC players play on, allowing them to team up with their friends and fleetmates to boldly go where no one has gone before."
The minimum system requirements for Mac follows:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM: 4GB+
- Hard Disk: 10GB Free Disk Space
- Graphic Display: Intel HD3000 / Nvidia 9600M / AMD HD2600 with 256MB+ VRAM
- Network: broadband internet connection required
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business