Backflip Studios, the mobile developer behind DragonVale, NinJump and Paper Toss, entered the publishing business today with the formation of Backflip Publishing.
Backflip Publishing also announced its first two games: PlunderNauts from LightBox Interactive, a space exploration game scheduled for a spring 2014 release, and Seabeard from HandCircus, an open-world exploration title filled with minigames and set for a summer 2014 release.
"Our experience in mobile, game design, monetization and marketing, along with our ongoing support beyond launch, are just a few of the advantages to partnering with Backflip Publishing," said Julian Farrior, CEO and Founder of Backflip Studios.
Former Sega of America President and ngmoco Chief Publishing Officer Simon Jeffery is working with the newly formed publishing house.
Developers interested in partnering with the new publisher can contact Backflip Publishing at its official website. You can watch trailers for PlunderNauts and Seabeard below.
- Riot taught me League of Legends (and now I'm teaching you)
- Tonight, a nation's favorite game will award a human prize
- Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live right now
- NIS America allegedly backtracks out of GaymerX sponsorship
- HBO documentary examines addiction, ethics of game design in shadow of child's death