Battlefield 4's upcoming Naval Strike expansion will include dynamic weather patterns and a map that begins at dark and lasts throughout sunrise, according to a post today on the game's official blog.
Each of Naval Strike's four maps will have weather patterns, as the seaside Paracel Storm map that shipped with the game also does.
"There'll be calm seas, stormy weather and many other weather effects," the post reads. "For instance, on the Mortar Strike map, you'll start fighting at dawn and the map will be lit up by the resort lights. As the fight rages on, the sunrise will drench the tropical island in beautiful sunlight."
Naval Strike will also include a new vehicle: the ACV hovercraft. Built for land and sea traversal, the two-seater lets players on water travel over islands instead of around them.
Naval Strike will be released in "late March" for Battlefield Premium members. It will also include Carrier Assault mode, an homage to Battlefield 2142. Check out a video from last year to see how EA DICE explains the Levolution concept that allows its multiplayer maps to change.
More from Polygon
- Share Button Use? Can you post to another service other than FaceBook?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?