Battlefield 4's upcoming Naval Strike expansion will include dynamic weather patterns and a map that begins at dark and lasts throughout sunrise, according to a post today on the game's official blog.
Each of Naval Strike's four maps will have weather patterns, as the seaside Paracel Storm map that shipped with the game also does.
"There'll be calm seas, stormy weather and many other weather effects," the post reads. "For instance, on the Mortar Strike map, you'll start fighting at dawn and the map will be lit up by the resort lights. As the fight rages on, the sunrise will drench the tropical island in beautiful sunlight."
Naval Strike will also include a new vehicle: the ACV hovercraft. Built for land and sea traversal, the two-seater lets players on water travel over islands instead of around them.
Naval Strike will be released in "late March" for Battlefield Premium members. It will also include Carrier Assault mode, an homage to Battlefield 2142. Check out a video from last year to see how EA DICE explains the Levolution concept that allows its multiplayer maps to change.
- Pre-load coming to the XB1 according to the store page
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue Aug 26
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9