Titanfall creator Respawn Entertainment is in talks with Aspyr Media to deliver a Mac version of the game, the studio's co-founder, Vince Zampella, said last night on Twitter.
Responding to a question about a Mac adaptation, Zampella said his studio was "talking to Aspyr, they should do it." In February, Zampella told a fan over Twitter that the studio was "talking about [a Mac version]," and "would like to see it happen," but that it would have to take place after launch.
Polygon has reached out to Zampella and other representatives for Respawn and Aspyr to ask for any further confirmation of plans for Titanfall on Mac. We will update this story with any comment they make.
When big-name titles get a Mac version, Aspyr is typically the publisher handling it. Aspyr published the Mac adaptation of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which was made by Infinity Ward when that studio was run by Zampella and co-founder Jason West, who started Respawn Entertainment.
Polygon gave Titanfall a 9, calling it "a game that delivers on its potential as the next big thing."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse