Titanfall creator Respawn Entertainment is in talks with Aspyr Media to deliver a Mac version of the game, the studio's co-founder, Vince Zampella, said last night on Twitter.
Responding to a question about a Mac adaptation, Zampella said his studio was "talking to Aspyr, they should do it." In February, Zampella told a fan over Twitter that the studio was "talking about [a Mac version]," and "would like to see it happen," but that it would have to take place after launch.
Polygon has reached out to Zampella and other representatives for Respawn and Aspyr to ask for any further confirmation of plans for Titanfall on Mac. We will update this story with any comment they make.
When big-name titles get a Mac version, Aspyr is typically the publisher handling it. Aspyr published the Mac adaptation of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, which was made by Infinity Ward when that studio was run by Zampella and co-founder Jason West, who started Respawn Entertainment.
Polygon gave Titanfall a 9, calling it "a game that delivers on its potential as the next big thing."
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- How well does PlayStation Now work on PS4?
- Ultima Forever comes to an end months after closure of EA Mythic
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Hi, nice to meet you.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- RIP Friends List?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Wait. Could the iPad Mini be a better gaming handheld than the PSVita?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)