Ray "Stallion83" Cox was playing Titanfall Wednesday night when he did it, after eight years of work. The Guinness World Record holder for highest Gamerscore now has more than 1 million points on Xbox Live.
Guinness certified Cox in 2009. The organization re-certified him in 2010, when he'd banked 511,342 points. He passed 700,000 in 2012 on his way to 1 million. Last night, as he was playing Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall and broadcasting it on his Twitch channel, he passed the 1 million mark.
1,000,000 gamerscore!!!!!!!!— Ray Cox IV (@Stallion83) March 13, 2014
Cox's dedication hasn't gone unnoticed by Microsoft, which presented him with a lifetime Xbox Live Gold membership last November. Earlier today, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb congratulated Cox "on behalf of the entire @Xbox team."
What's up next for Cox, now that he's achieved his goal? He took to Twitter last night with a preview.
"I can finally watch TV and movies again!" he wrote. "You'll sacrifice everything if you want it bad enough."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?