Ray "Stallion83" Cox was playing Titanfall Wednesday night when he did it, after eight years of work. The Guinness World Record holder for highest Gamerscore now has more than 1 million points on Xbox Live.
Guinness certified Cox in 2009. The organization re-certified him in 2010, when he'd banked 511,342 points. He passed 700,000 in 2012 on his way to 1 million. Last night, as he was playing Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall and broadcasting it on his Twitch channel, he passed the 1 million mark.
1,000,000 gamerscore!!!!!!!!— Ray Cox IV (@Stallion83) March 13, 2014
Cox's dedication hasn't gone unnoticed by Microsoft, which presented him with a lifetime Xbox Live Gold membership last November. Earlier today, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb congratulated Cox "on behalf of the entire @Xbox team."
What's up next for Cox, now that he's achieved his goal? He took to Twitter last night with a preview.
"I can finally watch TV and movies again!" he wrote. "You'll sacrifice everything if you want it bad enough."
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- Legend of Zelda in virtual reality is both familiar and completely terrifying
- This Sonic and Cammy fan-film only gets weird after the S&M scene
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Magic 2015 lead designer says Duels of the Planeswalkers is a yearly franchise 'like FIFA or Madden'
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???