Ray "Stallion83" Cox was playing Titanfall Wednesday night when he did it, after eight years of work. The Guinness World Record holder for highest Gamerscore now has more than 1 million points on Xbox Live.
Guinness certified Cox in 2009. The organization re-certified him in 2010, when he'd banked 511,342 points. He passed 700,000 in 2012 on his way to 1 million. Last night, as he was playing Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall and broadcasting it on his Twitch channel, he passed the 1 million mark.
1,000,000 gamerscore!!!!!!!!— Ray Cox IV (@Stallion83) March 13, 2014
Cox's dedication hasn't gone unnoticed by Microsoft, which presented him with a lifetime Xbox Live Gold membership last November. Earlier today, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb congratulated Cox "on behalf of the entire @Xbox team."
What's up next for Cox, now that he's achieved his goal? He took to Twitter last night with a preview.
"I can finally watch TV and movies again!" he wrote. "You'll sacrifice everything if you want it bad enough."
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes