The PlayStation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show will be released May 6, developer Sony San Diego announced today.
That's more than one month following the game's launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, which will occur on April 1, as Sony announced last month. Until now, Sony hadn't confirmed anything more specific than a May launch for MLB 14 on PS4. The real-life MLB season will kick off with a two-game series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks from March 22-23 in Sydney, Australia, while Opening Day is set for March 31.
The PS4 version of MLB 14 will have feature parity with the PS3 version; Sony San Diego told Polygon in February that maintaining the same feature set was one of the main reasons for the lag between the game's releases on the various platforms. MLB 14 on PS4 will be compatible with the PS Vita version of the simulation baseball game, just like the PS3 title. Sony San Diego is aiming for the game to run in 1080p at 60 frames per second on PS4.
MLB 14 publisher Sony Computer Entertainment has yet to announce any upgrade offers for the PS4 version of the game. Check back later this week for an in-depth article on the game's Road to the Show mode.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28