The PlayStation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show will be released May 6, developer Sony San Diego announced today.
That's more than one month following the game's launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, which will occur on April 1, as Sony announced last month. Until now, Sony hadn't confirmed anything more specific than a May launch for MLB 14 on PS4. The real-life MLB season will kick off with a two-game series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks from March 22-23 in Sydney, Australia, while Opening Day is set for March 31.
The PS4 version of MLB 14 will have feature parity with the PS3 version; Sony San Diego told Polygon in February that maintaining the same feature set was one of the main reasons for the lag between the game's releases on the various platforms. MLB 14 on PS4 will be compatible with the PS Vita version of the simulation baseball game, just like the PS3 title. Sony San Diego is aiming for the game to run in 1080p at 60 frames per second on PS4.
MLB 14 publisher Sony Computer Entertainment has yet to announce any upgrade offers for the PS4 version of the game. Check back later this week for an in-depth article on the game's Road to the Show mode.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)
- Good graphics cards for £80-110?