The PlayStation 4 version of MLB 14 The Show will be released May 6, developer Sony San Diego announced today.
That's more than one month following the game's launch on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita, which will occur on April 1, as Sony announced last month. Until now, Sony hadn't confirmed anything more specific than a May launch for MLB 14 on PS4. The real-life MLB season will kick off with a two-game series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks from March 22-23 in Sydney, Australia, while Opening Day is set for March 31.
The PS4 version of MLB 14 will have feature parity with the PS3 version; Sony San Diego told Polygon in February that maintaining the same feature set was one of the main reasons for the lag between the game's releases on the various platforms. MLB 14 on PS4 will be compatible with the PS Vita version of the simulation baseball game, just like the PS3 title. Sony San Diego is aiming for the game to run in 1080p at 60 frames per second on PS4.
MLB 14 publisher Sony Computer Entertainment has yet to announce any upgrade offers for the PS4 version of the game. Check back later this week for an in-depth article on the game's Road to the Show mode.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- PS4 Beta Codes