The long-awaited SimCity update that allows players to engage in the game offline is "in final testing," according to developer Maxis.
At the time, publisher EA said an offline version could not be created "without a significant amount of engineering work."
But in January this year, Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner outlined a plan to bring Update 10 to gamers. "What's new is the single player mode, which allows you to play the game offline by yourself. And because your saved games in this mode are stored locally, you can save and load to your heart's content," he wrote on a blog at the time.
"Update 10 is in final testing," stated the SimCity Twitter account today. "Almost there Mayors."
More from Polygon
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27