The long-awaited SimCity update that allows players to engage in the game offline is "in final testing," according to developer Maxis.
At the time, publisher EA said an offline version could not be created "without a significant amount of engineering work."
But in January this year, Maxis Emeryville general manager Patrick Buechner outlined a plan to bring Update 10 to gamers. "What's new is the single player mode, which allows you to play the game offline by yourself. And because your saved games in this mode are stored locally, you can save and load to your heart's content," he wrote on a blog at the time.
"Update 10 is in final testing," stated the SimCity Twitter account today. "Almost there Mayors."
- On Patreon support
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 27
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Spacecom is 4X strategy, and you can grab beta keys here
- Where to buy?
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polygon must change its ethics policy.
- Games with great Sound Design
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)