Wii Sports Club will be a free download for Wii U owners for two days beginning on March 21, with its individual sports available afterward with a single-day pass or permanent access for $1.99 or $9.99 respectively, Nintendo said this morning.
The free promotion starts from 9 a.m. PDT on March 21 (next Friday) and lasts until March 23 (Sunday) at 11:59 p.m. PDT. The promotion will include free access to Wii Sports Club's Golf, Bowling and Tennis games. Additionally, the nine-hole Resort Course, originally featured in Wii Sports Resort, will be added to Wii Sports Club through an update available right now.
The free trial is available to all Wii U owners, even if they've previously tried or downloaded Wii Sports Club. The download is available through the Nintendo eShop.
This is Nintendo's second try-it-then-buy-it promotion on the Wii U; from November to the end of January, Nintendo made Wii Fit U available for a free month of play, requiring those who wanted to continue using it to buy a Wii Fit Meter for $19.99.
- Accused Airbnb squatter: 'Would squat again'
- The 'Mad Max: Fury Road' trailer is the most impressive thing to come out of Comic-Con
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: All the news from pop culture's biggest event
- The Last of Us review update: Remastered on PS4
- Lucy Lawless: New Wonder Woman looks like 'Xena meets Spartacus'