The Xbox One will arrive in 26 more countries this September, according to a post this morning on Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb's website.
The new markets include:
- Czech Republic
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
The Xbox One launched last November in Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, the U.K. and the U.S. Originally scheduled to launch in 21 markets, Microsoft delayed the console's launch last August in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland, and today's announcement includes all of those countries. Microsoft announced last September that the Xbox One would launch in Japan in 2014, and today's announcement also gives a release window to that country. A report late last year suggested that the Xbox One would launch this year in China, though the country does not appear on the list above.
For more on Microsoft's latest console, be sure to read Polygon's Xbox One review.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- RIP Friends List?