Shin Megami Tensei, a localized English version of the 1992 Super Famicom role-playing game, launched on iOS today for $5.99, a $2 discount off its regular $7.99 price.
The discount will be available in the iOS App Store through March 31. Publisher Atlus recommends an iPhone 4 or higher and any iPad to play the game, which requires iOS 4.3.
Atlus announced the localized mobile version in late February. Set in Tokyo 199X, the RPG begins with a mysterious murder that releases demons and leads to a global conflict, a fight with a demon army and a computer program that communicates with demonic forces.
Shin Megami Tensei is the precursor to several games that followed, including the Persona series. The next game in that franchise, Persona 5, will arrive in North America for PlayStation 3 in 2015. Three other spinoffs — Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, Persona 4: Dancing All Night and Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth — will also launch outside of Japan in the fall of 2014 and 2015.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Here is why you probably won't get into the LittleBigPlanet 3 private beta this August
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business