At GDC today Microsoft unveiled more details about its first wave of independent Xbox One games, launching under the ID@Xbox umbrella.
Originally announced last year, the scheme allows indies to publish games for Xbox One. "Our goal is to make the process as easy as possible so developers can focus on what matters most: creating the games you're beginning to see today," said games director Chris Charla.
Firm release dates have not been announced, but among the games coming "soon" include the following, some of which have been released in some form or another on other platforms. Polygon will have a full report on today's ID@Xbox showcase later today.
- 1001 Spikes by Nicalis: Tough side-scroller offering 1001 lives to get through the game.
- Calibre 10 Racing Series by Bongfish: Multiplayer racing with first person shooting.
- CastleStorm by Zen Studios: Brawling and tower defense with online multiplayer and co-op modes.
- Chariot by Frima: Physics-based couch co-op platformer.
- Chuck's Challenge 3D by Niffler: Brain puzzles.
- Contrast by Compulsion Games: Adventure game in 1920s, film noir setting.
- Divekick Addition Edition by Iron Galaxy Studios: Two- button fighting game.
- Forced by BetaDwarf ApS: One- to four-player co-op arcade adventure.
- FRU by Through Games: Kinect-based puzzle platformer.
- Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition by DrinkBox Studios: More Guacamelee 2D fighting and jumping.
- Gunscape by Blowfish Studios: An FPS construction kit.
- Habitat by 4gency: Space-themed strategy.
- Hyper Light Drifter by Heart Machine: Classic-style action adventure RPG.
- It Draws a Red Box by Other Ocean: Eight-player eSport ball game.
- Nutjitsu by NinjaBee: Top-down, ninja squirrel arcade action.
- Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios: Features pinball tables from Williams, Bally, Stern Pinball and Gottlieb.
- Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut by Toxic Games: First-person puzzles.
- Riptide GP2 by Vector Unit: Water racing.
- Roundabout by No Goblin: Driving puzzle game.
- Sixty Second Shooter Prime by Happion Laboratories: Time-limit twin stick shooter.
- Spectra: 8bit Racing by Gateway Interactive: Retro racing.
- Strike Suit Zero by Born Ready Games: Space combat.
- Super Time Force by Capybara: Time-traveling platformer.
- The Last Tinker by Mimimi Productions: Platforming adventure.
- Wulverblade by Darkwind Media: Side-scrolling brawler in the ancient world.
In This StoryStream
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- The International Dota 2 tournament watched by more than 20M viewers, Valve says
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- EA offers top games and big discounts for $5 a month
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Nicalis hints at Gex Remake
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28