At GDC today Microsoft unveiled more details about its first wave of independent Xbox One games, launching under the ID@Xbox umbrella.
Originally announced last year, the scheme allows indies to publish games for Xbox One. "Our goal is to make the process as easy as possible so developers can focus on what matters most: creating the games you're beginning to see today," said games director Chris Charla.
Firm release dates have not been announced, but among the games coming "soon" include the following, some of which have been released in some form or another on other platforms. Polygon will have a full report on today's ID@Xbox showcase later today.
- 1001 Spikes by Nicalis: Tough side-scroller offering 1001 lives to get through the game.
- Calibre 10 Racing Series by Bongfish: Multiplayer racing with first person shooting.
- CastleStorm by Zen Studios: Brawling and tower defense with online multiplayer and co-op modes.
- Chariot by Frima: Physics-based couch co-op platformer.
- Chuck's Challenge 3D by Niffler: Brain puzzles.
- Contrast by Compulsion Games: Adventure game in 1920s, film noir setting.
- Divekick Addition Edition by Iron Galaxy Studios: Two- button fighting game.
- Forced by BetaDwarf ApS: One- to four-player co-op arcade adventure.
- FRU by Through Games: Kinect-based puzzle platformer.
- Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition by DrinkBox Studios: More Guacamelee 2D fighting and jumping.
- Gunscape by Blowfish Studios: An FPS construction kit.
- Habitat by 4gency: Space-themed strategy.
- Hyper Light Drifter by Heart Machine: Classic-style action adventure RPG.
- It Draws a Red Box by Other Ocean: Eight-player eSport ball game.
- Nutjitsu by NinjaBee: Top-down, ninja squirrel arcade action.
- Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios: Features pinball tables from Williams, Bally, Stern Pinball and Gottlieb.
- Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut by Toxic Games: First-person puzzles.
- Riptide GP2 by Vector Unit: Water racing.
- Roundabout by No Goblin: Driving puzzle game.
- Sixty Second Shooter Prime by Happion Laboratories: Time-limit twin stick shooter.
- Spectra: 8bit Racing by Gateway Interactive: Retro racing.
- Strike Suit Zero by Born Ready Games: Space combat.
- Super Time Force by Capybara: Time-traveling platformer.
- The Last Tinker by Mimimi Productions: Platforming adventure.
- Wulverblade by Darkwind Media: Side-scrolling brawler in the ancient world.
In This StoryStream
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?