"Assassin's Creed: Unity" is the title or codename of an upcoming Assassin's Creed game — one of two scheduled to be released later this year — and it will be set at least partly in Paris, according to a report from Kotaku.
Citing "a number of sources," Kotaku reports that Unity is in development on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while a second "major" game, with the possible title or codename of "Comet," will be released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Rumors about a title called Assassin's Creed: Unity appeared on NeoGAF earlier this month, and a report from Examiner also mentioned that title and indicated the game will offer four-player co-op.
One anonymous source leaked multiple screenshots of an early version of Assassin's Creed: Unity to Kotaku. The images show a game that appears to be set in Paris, with visible landmarks such as the Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Seine River. The identity of the player character is unclear from the images, but it's an Assassin clad in dark blue robes with red and brown trim. Another notable element of the screenshots is the game's HUD, which displays "parkour up" and "parkour down" buttons. According to Kotaku, those controls are part of a new navigation scheme that will debut in Unity.
The last time Ubisoft published two separate main Assassin's Creed games in the same year was 2012, when Assassin's Creed 3 launched on consoles alongside the PlayStation Vita title Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation.
A spokesperson for Ubisoft told Polygon the publisher has no comment on this report.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders