Electronic Arts will be the publisher for the next Titanfall game from Respawn Entertainment, according to a GameSpot article and Polygon sources.
Our sources also tell us that the next Titanfall will not be a Microsoft exclusive. The original Titanfall was exclusive to Microsoft platforms: Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC.
An Electronic Arts representative declined to comment specifically on the rumor.
"We do not comment on rumor or speculation," the representative told Polygon. "Right now all our focus is on supporting all the fans worldwide enjoying Titanfall."
Respawn founder Vince Zampella did not respond to a request for comment, but a Respawn spokesperson declined to comment.
In October, Zampella tweeted that Respawn would eventually make games for the PlayStation 4 and implied that Titanfall's exclusivity was limited to the first game only.
Titanfall launched March 11 for Xbox One and PC. The Xbox 360 version was delayed today to an April 8 release.
Polygon's review of Titanfall called it the rare game that "feels like it came out on top of the few compromises Respawn has had to make.
"Titanfall may not mark the same kind of sea change that Modern Warfare started but the pieces are all there in a game that delivers on its potential as the next big thing."
In This StoryStream
More from Polygon
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Tell Us Your Story
- Have you heard of Toki's Magic Wand???
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - July 26-27