A trailer released today for Wolfenstein: The New Order, Machinegames' upcoming first-person shooter, shows what happens when you board a train from Poland to Berlin with Nazis and a gigantic killer robot.
Announced in May 2013, Wolfenstein: The New Order is set in a world where the Third Reich won WWII with a mysterious advanced technology. Press play above to see protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz's first encounter with the Nazi villain Frau Engel. The action takes place in the game's third chapter and starts innocently enough with some coffee. It turns sinister with a perverse Nazi card game. Press play below to see narrative designer Tommy Tordsson Bjork discuss creating the level.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is being developed with id Software's id Tech 5, the graphics engine behind the sloshing coffee in the video above. Originally scheduled to launch in late 2013, it's headed to PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows PC May 20 and will include access to the next Doom game's beta. For more on Wolfenstein: The New Order, be sure to read our E3 in-depth interview with its developers and our impressions of its first three hours.
- Dwarf Fortress will crush your CPU because creating history is hard
- In the face of recent wins, Nintendo's lack of online functions is no longer forgivable
- This is the most accurate Pokémon trailer you'll ever watch
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Launching Civilization: Beyond Earth