Titanfall, Respawn Entertainment's multiplayer first-person shooter, will support 4K resolution on PC, according to an Nvidia blog post by Ashu Rege, manager of the company's Developer Content and Technology team.
Along with 4K, Titanfall will also support multiple Nvidia graphics processing units (GPU).
"Respawn will also release updates to support high-definition 4K displays," Rege wrote, "and our SLI multi-GPU technology, for a fantastic high-end PC experience."
Titanfall currently runs at 792p on Xbox One, though lead engineer Richard Baker said the developer was "likely to increase resolution after we ship."
Respawn and the GPU maker will also collaborate to integrate GameWorks technologies — a suite of products that also includes PhysX for clothing and destruction simulation as well as VisualFX for hair, fire and liquid simulation — into Titanfall. Those technologies include Temporal anti-aliasing (TXAA), which reduces screen flickering, and Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion+ (HBAO+) for "more lifelike shadows."
Titanfall was released March 11 on Xbox One and Windows PC. It will arrive April 8 on Xbox 360. For more on the game, you can read and watch Polygon's Titanfall review and watch our recent Overview video to see the game in action.
Earlier this week, sources told Polygon that Respawn and publisher Electronic Arts reached an agreement to publish Titanfall 2, which reportedly won't be a Microsoft exclusive.
We've reached out to Respawn for further details and will update this story with more information as we receive it.
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!