Hyper Light Drifter is one of those games that game developers like to chat about.
Before Heart Machine's Alex Preston and Teddy Diefenbach arrived, Nathan Vella from Capybara was in the studio, telling us how excited he was about the game. He loved the early trailers, featuring flashy animation, but was especially jazzed by the lore that's creeped into more recent videos.
Russ Frushtick talks with the developers about how the game plays, how development is progressing and the similarities between their game and the Diablo and Zelda series.
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Frames Per Second FPS?? How to tell 60 vs 30?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Rock1m1's review on Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Let's See Your Photo Mode Snaps From The Last of Us!
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites