Title update 14 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases of Minecraft, currently undergoing testing with Sony and Microsoft, is set to introduce a bevy of new additions and gamplay changes.
The latest patch features invisibility and night vision potions, tripwire hook, "carrot on a stick" and enchanted book. The update also adds slabs, blocks and ore of a variety of materials such as emerald and nether quartz. New recipes, new Zombie Villagers mobs, different villager professions and new terrain generation features are also included in the update.
Players can now control riding a pig with a "carrot on a stick," trade with villagers and have more control of the placement of blocks, stairs and slabs, along with additional gameplay changes. The detailed list of changes and additions coming in the update is available at the official Minecraft forums.
More than one million copies of Minecraft have been sold for the PlayStation 3, developer Mojang announced earlier this year, with the Xbox 360 version surpassing 10 million sales last December. PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One versions are slated to launch in 2014.
- Divinity: Original Sin review: next to godliness
- If Sony wants PlayStation Now to succeed, it has to treat us better than GameStop
- Rogue Legacy survival guide: How to keep that family tree growing
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Gearbox fights back in Aliens suit, says it paid millions of its own cash to finish game
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 31
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.3: Summer Crusaders
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (July 2014)
- my final thoughts on the DESTINY beta
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites
- Tell Us Your Story
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30