Title update 14 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases of Minecraft, currently undergoing testing with Sony and Microsoft, is set to introduce a bevy of new additions and gamplay changes.
The latest patch features invisibility and night vision potions, tripwire hook, "carrot on a stick" and enchanted book. The update also adds slabs, blocks and ore of a variety of materials such as emerald and nether quartz. New recipes, new Zombie Villagers mobs, different villager professions and new terrain generation features are also included in the update.
Players can now control riding a pig with a "carrot on a stick," trade with villagers and have more control of the placement of blocks, stairs and slabs, along with additional gameplay changes. The detailed list of changes and additions coming in the update is available at the official Minecraft forums.
More than one million copies of Minecraft have been sold for the PlayStation 3, developer Mojang announced earlier this year, with the Xbox 360 version surpassing 10 million sales last December. PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One versions are slated to launch in 2014.
- No skin thick enough: The daily harassment of women in the game industry
- Dark Souls 2: Crown of the Sunken King review: return of the king
- The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 review: existential crisis
- The New Yorker's archives are free - here's a guide to some of its best gaming stories
- Women in the US game industry made 14 percent less than men in 2013, survey says
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 22
- Yakuza 5 (Ryū ga Gotoku 5) Fan Translation Gone?
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Standby Or Off On PS4
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 22
- Destiny Beta
- I just want a gritty mature MOBA
- Polygon YouTube Channel