Title update 14 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 releases of Minecraft, currently undergoing testing with Sony and Microsoft, is set to introduce a bevy of new additions and gamplay changes.
The latest patch features invisibility and night vision potions, tripwire hook, "carrot on a stick" and enchanted book. The update also adds slabs, blocks and ore of a variety of materials such as emerald and nether quartz. New recipes, new Zombie Villagers mobs, different villager professions and new terrain generation features are also included in the update.
Players can now control riding a pig with a "carrot on a stick," trade with villagers and have more control of the placement of blocks, stairs and slabs, along with additional gameplay changes. The detailed list of changes and additions coming in the update is available at the official Minecraft forums.
More than one million copies of Minecraft have been sold for the PlayStation 3, developer Mojang announced earlier this year, with the Xbox 360 version surpassing 10 million sales last December. PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One versions are slated to launch in 2014.
- This is a video game (and it's the best thing ever)
- The Sims 4 gameplay video - 48 hours in the life of a Sim
- Here's your first look at Dead or Alive 5 Last Round on PS4 and Xbox One
- Nearly 1K developers sign letter to end intolerance in the games community (update)
- Keep your pants up with these Goldeneye proximity mines
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: What is this thing? Is this interesting? - Tue Sep 2
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Looking for good JRPGs on PS3, help needed
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Let's talk about the Guardians of the Galaxy film
- Forum moderation?
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Woady Reviews Anime: Whisper of the Heart