Assassin's Creed Unity, an upcoming game in Ubisoft's open-world franchise headed to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC in holiday 2014, made its debut today in a video released on the official Assassin's Creed YouTube channel.
"We have been working on the new Assassin's Creed for more than three years and although we weren't quite ready to show you our full vision for a next-gen only AC, it seems Abstergo are trying to force our hand!" the video's description reads. "So here's a true first look at in-game footage from Assassin's Creed Unity. Stay tuned — we'll have many more exciting details for you in the months ahead!"
A Kotaku report earlier this week claimed that Ubisoft is developing two Assassin's Creed games for release this year, one of which is set in Paris. The beginning of the YouTube description reads "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche [Let them eat cake]!" in French, while the trailer's alpha footage includes what appears to be the red, white and blue French flag, Paris' Notre Dame cathedral and a guillotine, perhaps setting the game during the French Revolution that lasted from 1789 to 1799.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?