RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 will be "a completely different game" on PC than its mobile version, publisher Atari's senior director of marketing Anthony Chien told Digital Spy.
Atari announced the next installment in the amusement park simulation series earlier this month. Developer On5 Games will bring RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile to iOS this spring. The publisher later tweeted that "a PC experience" is also in development for release this year.
Chien told the publication that the mobile and PC versions will differ, though he declined to offer specifics.
"We can't share that much, but [PC] will definitely be a completely different game," he said.
Chien also addressed "diehard" fans of the series who "want a PC experience." Atari is creating a game for those fans, he said, though the mobile version will arrive first.
"It's trying to deliver as much as we can. First is the mobile version, then it's the PC experience. I think a lot of people are vocal about wanting to see the PC version first before the mobile, but our strategy is mobile first."
Atari hasn't revealed a release date for either version of RollerCoaster Tycoon 4. The most recent game in the series, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, was released in 2004 and made its way to Mac and Windows PC. The game's Platinum version is available through online retailers for $19.99.
Atari's U.S. entity filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in January 2013. The company announced plans to sell its assets individually by May, listing a minimum value of $3.5 million for the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise. A bankruptcy court in Manhattan approved a three-year recovery plan for the company last December.
- The Last of Us had an epilogue that Naughty Dog cut, and here it is
- You can pre-order this beautiful $365 Metroid statue starting today
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- The nightmare is over: They're not coming for your games
- Sherlock Holmes shooting at Watson is just the beginning of this 25 minute gameplay trailer
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Mon July 28
- RIP Friends List?
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Tell Us Your Story
- Infamous Second Son: 2.5/5 For Me!
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming