Microsoft may be announcing a new Xbox One exclusive this year from a Japanese developer, according to an interview in Famitsu with head of Microsoft Studios Phil Spencer.
Following his fireside chat at the 2014 Game Developers Conference last week, Spencer said Microsoft is planning special announcements to coincide with the launch of the Xbox One in Japan this September. When asked what games Japanese fans could look forward to with the Xbox One, he hinted that a well-known Japanese developer is providing an exclusive title for the console.
"The release date for Japan has been decided, and I'm very excited," Spencer said. "We will release a unique, exclusive title for the Xbox One from a wonderful Japanese developer."
Spencer also added that fans can expect announcements featuring "something never before seen" from Microsoft at the 2014 Tokyo Game Show, which will take place just outside the city Sept. 18-21.
During his fireside chat at GDC — during which he filled in for Marc Whitten following the Xbox vice president's announcement he is leaving the company — Spencer discussed the growing virtual reality space. He said Microsoft welcomes competition from companies like Valve and Sony, who are already making strides in the VR space, and noted that a renewed focus on PC is "definitely happening" within Microsoft.
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (August 2014)
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- Games with great Sound Design
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?