Grasshopper Manufacture CEO Goichi "Suda51" Suda wants to "thoroughly demolish" the traits associated with the studio that created games like Lollipop Chainsaw, Killer Is Dead and No More Heroes, according to a 4Gamer interview that was translated by Siliconera.
Suda acknowledged that, even within Grasshopper, the studio's traits are debatable but ready for destruction.
"I believe that when it comes to ‘Grasshopper traits,' people have different ideas [as to what they are]," Suda said. "Even for us, each staff member at Grasshopper has different ideas.
"In the midst of that, I personally would like to thoroughly demolish the existing Grasshopper traits, one by one. And by demolishing them, I'd like to propose new ideas, and create new ways to play".
The idea behind that creative destruction is to offer players new ways to play games, Suda said.
"I believe what's most in demand for video games are titles with bold challenges and something that offers a new way to play. If we can properly make a game like that, I'm certain that it will reach out."
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri Aug 29
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Nintendo Customer Service
- Help Nipah build a PC
- Favorite "Bad" Game
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- On Being A "Gamer"
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Dancing Plante - Thu Aug 28
- Woady Reviews Anime: Bleach the Movie: Hell Verse
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall