Plants vs. Zombies 2 update Far Future launches March 27 on iOS systems, PopCap and publisher Electronic Arts announced.
Far Future is the first expansion pack for the sequel. The update introduces a new futuristic map, eight new plants and 10 new zombie types.
EA revealed three of the update's plant types in a blog post this week, which includes a Citron designed to damage "Mech-type" zombies such as the Robo-Cone Zombie and the Disco-tron 3000, a Laser Bean can be used for piercing through the shield used by Shield Zombie types, and Star-Fruits that can shoot stars to attack zombies across every row.
PopCap launched Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time on iOS last year, followed by the game's release on Android two months later. Downloads of this second installment in the series quickly exceeded total sales of the original 2010 release. Plants vs. Zombies 2: Far Future was announced earlier last year.
- What does it really cost to open an indie studio? All your money, most of your life
- Police: San Diego Comic-Con cosplayer wasn't assaulted, she fell
- ABC just launched history's biggest, most well-funded LARP
- How to destroy your enemies as the Monster in Evolve
- Visit Africa's first refugee-owned arcade with NPR