Little Orbit and Cartoon Network will release two new titles — the next entry in the Adventure Time series and a new "multi-property" game combining characters from Cartoon Network franchises — in North America in Q4 2014.
Both games are expected to launch globally, though release dates have not yet been announced. The partnership is expected to result in several games across multiple consoles and handheld devices. According Little Orbit president Matt Scott, the partnership is a way to bring "truly transmedia experiences" into gaming.
Adventure Time has already been adapted into a video game series by Wayforward Technologies for handheld devices and consoles. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! launched in 2012, while its follow-up, Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I Don't Know! was released last year.
Together, Cartoon Network Enterprises and Little Orbit released mobile game Falling Skies Planetary Warfare, based on the TNT drama Falling Skies. The game is expected to launch for consoles later this year.
"Several launches" are expected this year, the details of which will become available at a later date.
- Police investigating Comic-Con cosplay assault, photographer arrested
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- PlayStation Now rentals cost $2.99 for four hours play, but everything could be changing
- Twitter can fix its harassment problem, but why mess with success?
- A video history of Crytek in two minutes