The next batch of downloadable content for Call of Duty: Ghosts, an add-on called Devastation, may feature a guest appearance from the Predator, the alien threat first featured in the 1987 movie of the same name.
While developer Infinity Ward doesn't come right out and say it in a newly posted teaser video on Instagram, the signs are all there: a Central American setting, a downed military helicopter and a confrontation with a nearly invisible enemy. The trademark roar and gurgle of the Predator are also heard prominently in the brief video. Another unsubtle hint is the accompanying text, "If it bleeds..."
The Predator wouldn't be the first vicious murderer borrowed from Hollywood for Call of Duty purposes. Call of Duty: Ghosts' first downloadable add-on, Onslaught, featured a cameo from Michael Myers from the Halloween series.
Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation launches on Xbox 360 and Xbox One on April 3. It features four new maps (Behemoth, Collision, Ruins and Unearthed) and the second chapter of developer Infinity Ward's four-player co-op story, Extinction.
- Win a one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- Skylanders launching more powerful premium figures this fall
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- DESTINY disappointment?
- PS4 Beta Codes