The next batch of downloadable content for Call of Duty: Ghosts, an add-on called Devastation, may feature a guest appearance from the Predator, the alien threat first featured in the 1987 movie of the same name.
While developer Infinity Ward doesn't come right out and say it in a newly posted teaser video on Instagram, the signs are all there: a Central American setting, a downed military helicopter and a confrontation with a nearly invisible enemy. The trademark roar and gurgle of the Predator are also heard prominently in the brief video. Another unsubtle hint is the accompanying text, "If it bleeds..."
The Predator wouldn't be the first vicious murderer borrowed from Hollywood for Call of Duty purposes. Call of Duty: Ghosts' first downloadable add-on, Onslaught, featured a cameo from Michael Myers from the Halloween series.
Call of Duty: Ghosts Devastation launches on Xbox 360 and Xbox One on April 3. It features four new maps (Behemoth, Collision, Ruins and Unearthed) and the second chapter of developer Infinity Ward's four-player co-op story, Extinction.
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)