"I love the company and the people and know that they will continue to create awesome games going forward," Richmond said of Naughty Dog. "On a happier note, after careful consideration and exploration I have joined Riot Games. There is some really innovative stuff going on here that I can't wait to be a part of."
Richmond previously worked on Naughty Dog titles like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. His departure comes in the wake of the Uncharted series' creative director Amy Hennig leaving the studio under circumstances that have not yet been publicly revealed.
Uncharted 4 was announced in November of 2013 on the eve of the PlayStation 4's launch. While few details are available, Naughty Dog's Evan Wells confirmed that the game will launch on the PS4 and, at the time, both Richmond and Hennig were said to be working on the project.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Report: Google to acquire Twitch for $1 billion
- What is BioWare teasing in this surreal new trailer?
- Sunset Overdrive's character customization is serious business
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today