"I love the company and the people and know that they will continue to create awesome games going forward," Richmond said of Naughty Dog. "On a happier note, after careful consideration and exploration I have joined Riot Games. There is some really innovative stuff going on here that I can't wait to be a part of."
Richmond previously worked on Naughty Dog titles like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. His departure comes in the wake of the Uncharted series' creative director Amy Hennig leaving the studio under circumstances that have not yet been publicly revealed.
Uncharted 4 was announced in November of 2013 on the eve of the PlayStation 4's launch. While few details are available, Naughty Dog's Evan Wells confirmed that the game will launch on the PS4 and, at the time, both Richmond and Hennig were said to be working on the project.
- The 'true' story of a Pokémon game that turns you into a murderer
- A guided tour of the 1 KB hard drive built inside Minecraft
- Do low game prices spell a 'mass extinction' for game developers?
- Fez developer Polytron hacked in ongoing game developer harassment effort
- Pokémon's Slowpoke has its own official reggae song
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread: Double Sabre - Fri Aug 22
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Anime You Might Not Have Tried/Heard of #9
- 'Goodbye Polygon,' said Frushtick
- I've experienced the Pokémon World Championships, and you should too
- Games with great Sound Design