Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment is updating the game's matchmaking to change up opposing teams more, as well as prioritizing skill over speed when matching players, according to a post on the game's official website.
The game will find teammates and opponents that are a good skill level match based on player data available, as opposed to "purely prioritizing speed over quality." The changes mean that Titanfall will take longer to source players that are a good skill level match.
"This will give us more time to build better teams and create closer games that are worth staying in for a longer period of time," the post reads.
The game will now switch up opposing teams more often in an effort "to end some of the frustration with playing for extended periods when you're having an off night." For example, the skill of all players will be updated if a team is dominating another. A new opposing team will then be matched up on the next round based on the updated data.
"Did you lose to a really great team? We'll make them disappear and replace them with a new opposing team," the post states, "and they will have no idea that you just got your butts kicked."
The changes are currently live on the "Improved Matchmaking (Beta)" playlist accessible through the "Play Classic MP" menu. Respawn may introduce the changes into other playlists after a trial period.
Respawn recently began enforcing anti-cheating bans on the game's Windows PC version. Banned players will be notified with a message in the game's lobby and will only be able to play with other flagged players.
- Win a trip to California and one-day design apprenticeship on Sunset Overdrive!
- GTA 4 now looks as good as GTA 5 — if you have a PC
- Explore Unreal Tournament in these 5 gameplay videos
- Notorious Airbnb squatter may be the dev behind two flailing Kickstarter games
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will now release one week earlier
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Fri July 25
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.1: Silent Crusaders
- DESTINY disappointment?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Thu July 24
- Pokémon Discussions: Springing forward
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Join the Polynauts Destiny clan today
- Deals With Gold Weekly(?) Update
- What's your favorite silly game?
- Why you don't like this headline: Here's how a change in style guide might just be the most clicked click thing you've clicked today