Titanfall developer Respawn Entertainment is updating the game's matchmaking to change up opposing teams more, as well as prioritizing skill over speed when matching players, according to a post on the game's official website.
The game will find teammates and opponents that are a good skill level match based on player data available, as opposed to "purely prioritizing speed over quality." The changes mean that Titanfall will take longer to source players that are a good skill level match.
"This will give us more time to build better teams and create closer games that are worth staying in for a longer period of time," the post reads.
The game will now switch up opposing teams more often in an effort "to end some of the frustration with playing for extended periods when you're having an off night." For example, the skill of all players will be updated if a team is dominating another. A new opposing team will then be matched up on the next round based on the updated data.
"Did you lose to a really great team? We'll make them disappear and replace them with a new opposing team," the post states, "and they will have no idea that you just got your butts kicked."
The changes are currently live on the "Improved Matchmaking (Beta)" playlist accessible through the "Play Classic MP" menu. Respawn may introduce the changes into other playlists after a trial period.
Respawn recently began enforcing anti-cheating bans on the game's Windows PC version. Banned players will be notified with a message in the game's lobby and will only be able to play with other flagged players.
- PAX South 2015: All the news, previews and announcements
- Someone in Japan bought a 20th Anniversary PS4 for nearly $130K
- Armello takes a new look at the digital fantasy board game
- Watch this archer do amazing things, and then rethink the bow in games
- The next episode of MythBusters takes on Doom
- contest day 5 for hots?
- Pokémon Discussions - Primal Evolution Ain't Cheap
- Polygon Daily Off-Topic: So, how about that Royal Rumble? (Monday, Jan. 26)
- Weekend at Polygon's: Weekend #4 (24-25 Jan.)
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 3, No. 7 - Heroes, Legends, ...Cats?
- What Have You Been Playing? (January 2015)
- We caught up with Vince McMahon after the Royal Rumble for a quick chat
- Are you watching the 2015 Royal Rumble?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (January 2015)
- Polynauts Play: Heroes of the Storm Closed Beta. Put out Friend Requests here