Actor Peter Dinklage, best known for his role as the sharp-tongued Tyrion Lannister in fantasy series Game of Thrones, will join the cast of Adam Sandler's video game movie Pixels, reports Variety.
Dinklage will join Sandler and co-stars Kevin James and Josh Gad in the Sony-published picture, which is being produced by Sandler's company Happy Madison Productions. Chris Columbus, director for The Goonies and Gremlins, will direct Pixels.
Pixels is an adaptation of the 2010 animated short film by Patrick Jean, in which New York City is invaded by various real-life video games including Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong and Frogger. The film won the Annecy Crystal for Best Short Film at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in 2011.
Sandler's movie, announced in 2010, will follow a group of "video game experts" who are recruited by the government to stop the invading threat. The film will start shooting this summer and is slated to be released in 2016.
- Pokégon Daily Open Thread - Thu Aug 21
- 90's Cartoon Network vs. 90's Nickelodeon.
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17 - Heart Containers
- Games with great Sound Design
- What "Console Wars" taught me about myself and being a fanboy
- Polynauts Fantasy Football League
- The Last of Us 2 for PS4?
- Feature to track games?
- Pokegon Daily Open Thread - Wed Aug 20
- Why isn't Polygon talking about the Quinn thing ?