Ultra Street Fighter 4 players will be able choose their favorite version of any fighter featuring their original balance with the Edition Select Mode, Capcom revealed today.
Once a player selects a character, they then can choose which version of the fighter they would like to use from past Street Fighter 4 versions, including Street Fighter 4 (original), Super Street Fighter 4, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition Ver.2012 and Ultra Street Fighter 4. A full list of character changes for each version is available on the Shoryuken wiki.
Ultra Street Fighter 4 will launch for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in June, with a Windows PC version following in August. Players can purchase the title as a standalone for $39.99 on consoles and $29.99 on Windows PC, while owners of Super Street Fighter 4 can upgrade to Ultra for $14.99.
- Polygon Daily Open Thread: Personable - Mon Sep 1
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight No. 2, Vol. 17.1 - Woady call me kōhai!
- Polynauts OT: Gender, sexuality and representation in gaming
- Pokémon Discussions: Summer into Fall
- Editorial idea for Polygon
- Weekend at Polygon's: Open Thread - Aug 30-31
- Reconsidering Columbine
- What Have You Been Reading? (September 2014)
- What is your Current Game of the Year?
- Post your Weekend at Polygon/Daily headers here (September 2014)