Upcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 "Revelations" DLC may see players take on the role of Alucard, according to content reportedly found in the game's text files by CS.RIN.RU forum member UbiSergei.
The content's description states that Alucard will be a playable character where players can discover new plotlines and uncover and "discover the true extent of Alucard's involvement." First appearing in 1989 game Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse, Alucard is the son of Dracula, the anti-hero of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, and a human called Lisa. The half vampire was the main protagonist in 1997's Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and fights his father in Dracula's Curse and Castlevania Legends with other the vampire hunters.
"Play as Alucard in this extensive add on for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2," the content's description reads. "The immersive story is expanded further as new branches of the plot are uncovered, along with rich new environments and challenging puzzles. Fight creatures of darkness and discover the true extent of Alucard's involvement in Dracula's story, his deal with death and his fight against Satan. Experience a whole new aspect of the thrilling conclusion to the 'Lords of Shadow' saga, including some enlightening revelations!"
- Why I'm in love with this sweet game about a little girl in Alaska
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- The days of owning games are coming to an end
- Homefront: The Revolution devs to move to Deep Silver as Crytek scales back two studios