Fez, developer Polytron's depth-defying platformer, will be released March 25 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, producer Marie-Christine Bourdua revealed this morning on the PlayStation Blog.
The game will arrive on PlayStation devices as a collaboration between Bilt Software, Polytron and Sony and support cross saves across all three systems.
On PS3, Fez will run at 720p at 60 frames per second, and the game will run on PS Vita at its native resolution of 960 x 544. On PS4, will offer what Bourdua considers "the best-looking and smoothest Fez experience you can get on a TV set" at 1080p at 60 fps.
Bourdua also revealed a few other features headed to the PlayStation versions of the game.
"No one's going to blame you for digging around, but you won't find many big changes in these versions of the game," Bourdua wrote. "However, there are a few surprises ... especially in the PS4 version: DualShock 4's lightbar has been put to the task of bringing a little bit of Fez's world into your own home, and you may not need to search for that dusty pair of red/cyan glasses to experience a very late-game easter egg ... Funny story: to test the new 3DTV support, we spent a weekend running around computer shops to find a monitor that sports an integrated emitter. When we found one and started up Fez, our minds were forever expanded. I think we can see the fourth dimension now?"
For more on the game, be sure to read Polygon's Fez review, which launched first on Xbox 360 and later arrived on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.
- The front lines: How a beta makes a game better
- Deep Silver buys Homefront from Crytek, moves Homefront: The Revolution to new studio
- Deadpool's Hollywood screen test begins with Gwen Stefani, ends with a decapitated head
- Ex-Silicon Knights dev sentenced in child pornography case, charged with sexual assault
- What the world needs is not just a selfie phone, but more selfie video games
More from Polygon
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Wed July 30
- Anime, Cartoons, Comics! Plight Vol. 2, no. 15.2: Silent Crusaders
- What games on the Hype Train exceeded your expectations?
- PS+ & Stryder
- Tell Us Your Story
- What's your favorite silly game?
- RIP Friends List?
- What's the deal with DS2: Sunken Crown walkthrough?
- Polygon Daily Open Thread - Tue July 29
- Xbox One Update Beta Invites